Ministries of Financial Aid and Continuing Education
Attention American Baptist Students:|
2015-2016 Scholarship Application Season
- THE 2015-2016 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION REQUEST
PERIOD IS OPEN JANUARY 12 - APRIL 30, 2015.
- All completed applications are due to the ABHMS Financial Aid office by May 31, 2015. No applications will be accepted after May 31st. Thank you for your full cooperation in this matter.
Ministerial Leaders seeking Cultivating New Life and Continuing Education Grants, please scroll to the bottom of this page and click on Ministerial Leaders.
The Office of Financial Aid for Studies, American Baptist Home Mission Societies, ABCUSA administers scholarship programs for members of churches related to American Baptist Churches USA.
Please use the Church Search function found on the ABCUSA Web site (abc-usa.org) to determine if your church is related to the ABCUSA. If your church is not listed, contact your minister to determine your denominational affiliation.
Eligibility criteria for all applicants:
Undergraduate students must enroll full-time in a four-year program.
- Membership in an American Baptist Churches USA congregation
- United States citizenship or permanent resident
- Attend at (or plans to attend) an accredited educational institution in the United States or Puerto Rico
- Applicants are required to write a 500-word essay answering the question "What gifts do you believe God has given you?"
- A recent transcript must accompany all applications. (Undergraduate students: include first semester transcript for the current academic year; high school seniors: include most recent transcript.)
- Scholarships ranging from $500 – $1,000 per academic year — must be used for tuition assistance and books.
- Special consideration will be given to dependents of American Baptist pastors and students attending an American-Baptist related school.
Seminarians must attend a seminary accredited by the Association of Theological Schools. Scholarship amounts range from $500 – $1,000 per academic year.
Graduate students (Ph.D. candidates only) must enroll in a preparative course of study for a church-related vocation. Scholarship amounts vary.
If you meet the criteria listed above, application forms are available from the Office of Financial Aid for Studies, American Baptist Home Mission Societies, ABCUSA, P.O. Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851 (phone 800-ABC-3USA, ext. 2067; fax 610-768-2470) or request an application form online. Please indicate the scholarship or grant for which you are applying.
Todo estudiante que solicita beca a través de las Iglesias Bautistas Americanas tiene que cumplir con una serie de requisitos previos. Para mayor información, incluyendo un listado de los requisitos para soliciantes, favor de ponerse en contacto con la Oficina de Becas Estudiantiles de las Sociedades Misioneras Nacionales Bautistas Americanas, Iglesias Bautistas Americanas ABCUSA, P.O. Box 851, Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851 (teléfono 800-ABC-3USA, ext. 2067; fax 610-768-2470)
Tell me more about aid for:
American Baptist Students