Asian Ministries is a mission program of American Baptist Home Mission Societies (ABHMS), American Baptist Churches USA (ABCUSA). At present, more than 130 Asian-American Baptist churches, congregations and fellowship groups exist within ABCUSA. These groups are comprised of first-, second- and third-generation Asian-Americans, and their descendants include Japanese, Filipinos, Chinese, Koreans, Indians, Burmese, Chins, Karens, Kachins, Mienh, Vietnamese, Thais, Laotians, Indonesians and Cambodians. More than 18 different languages and dialects are spoken—a fact that makes Asian Ministries one of the most culturally rich and ethnically diverse groups within our denomination.
We are strengthening Asian Ministries’ mission and ministry, while responding to ABHMS’ mission goals by providing:
- pastoral and lay leadership development,
- church planting and transformation,
- evangelism and discipleship,
- recruitment and placement of professional church leadership,
- resource development,
- scholarships for theological and higher education,
- sensitization for Asian-American concerns,
- bridge-building and networking among language groups,
- interaction and cultivation ofrelationships with Intercultural Ministries,
- support for Asian women in ministry and,
- partnership with the Asian-American Baptist Caucus.
2014 Asian Conference information here!